Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Idea...And Point

British historian, James Anthony Froude, once said, "As we advance in life, we learn the limits of our abilities." Well James, American wife, Miranda Spinner, says you couldn't be more dead-end wrong. Yes, life takes unexpected turns at the blink of an eye. We are more often than not forced to deal with unpleasantries that make us want to throw in the towel, but that doesn't mean we become weak with time. I am a living testament that as we advance in life, we learn how to be stronger than we ever thought possible.

Fate shows up unknowingly and weaves its web, ever so delicately, over time; prepping us, molding us, setting our scene. I truly believe the whole purpose of life is to learn every lesson God hands down to us and to gain strength and wisdom from those lessons. The lessons vary; sad, happy, painful, joyful, yet all necessary. The beauty of learning lessons is we have something to offer someone else. I've learned lots about love, about maintaining love, about relationships, about commitment, about family, about the effects of disease on those left behind, about the loopholes of the bridal industry and about survival.

Bill and I share quite a story; what we've learned, what we've experienced, what we've come to be in spite of what we are currently going through; is worth telling. The idea to give our story literary life jolted me from my slumber the morning of August 19th, 2009. In my dreams Bill and I wrote this book together to give our story immortality, to bring light to Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease and to offer what we've learned. I've promised my Dad I will be the best I can be in honor of him and giving his story and his spirit eternal life on paper is my first step.

In our little online bubble here you may walk with us on this journey. We will post excerpts from each chapter over time. We will write about this experience step by step and emotion by emotion. Please leave comments and let us know what you think, but please be kind as these experiences are happening in real life and in real time. The emotions you will read about are current, raw and uncontrollable. The people you read about are living and thriving. We are letting you into our hearts, our lives and our family. If you want, please, join us.....

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful idea Miranda and Bill. I look forward to following along. Am also here to offer support whenever I can. Love and miss you, Lynne

    ReplyDelete